6 years ago my mama heart was desperate for a way to honor my son on his birthday. He would have been turning 5 and 5 felt so big and important. And I felt lost as to how to honor him well that year. After pouring my heart out to my best friend she nonchalantly said (nonchalantly because she seems to effortlessly have the best ideas): “What about giving a gift to other grieving mamas in honor of him? What about something like an art print?”
That was 2013 and every October since then we have gifted countless prints to mothers who have experienced pregnancy or infant loss in honor of my son’s birthday. And it is my absolute honor to do so. To bring a tiny bit of light to those dark places of grief.
For any grieving mother, her biggest fear is that the world will forget. Forget her baby. Forget her. And this simple gift shouts “I SEE YOU. I REMEMBER!” If you or someone you know has experienced the loss of a baby, this gift is for you.
This year we partnered with Rebecca Pelletier to create the most beautiful print featuring a pen and ink and watercolor rendering of the Snapdragon and Statice flower, both of which carry significant meaning for a grieving mother. This print says “you are strong and full of grace and we remember you!” I am certain it is going to bless you.
Throughout the month of October you can send this FREE GIFT to yourself or someone you love for just the cost of shipping! However, if you wish to help support this endeavor with a donation, simply choose an amount to donate from the dropdown box and then click the “add to cart” button.
We are so grateful for all gifts that help to support this endeavor.
5 REASONS WHY WE LOVE THE 2019 BIRTHDAY PROJECT
- The art is beautiful and meaningful: the custom watercolor illustrations of the snapdragon and statice flowers are more than just beautiful, they have amazing meaning. The Snapdragon symbolizes graciousness and strength. The Statice symbolizes remembrance and sympathy. Perfect symbols for a grieving mother who is stronger than she knows and full of such grace. And this month we remember her.
- Illustrated by Rebecca Pelletier. An incredibly talented artist. Check out more of her work here.
- The print is a 8×10 again this year!! You all loved the bigger size last year, and we thought this watercolor illustration was deserving as well. The size isperfect for hanging anywhere in your home or office.
- The packaging is really thoughtful and helpful, pointing women towards helpful resources.
- Never Forgotten, Forever Loved Tattoos are included with every Birthday Project!
And ordering has never been easier. Simply click the button below, add to cart and checkout! For the month of October simply pay shipping. This is my gift to grieving mamas.
FROM PAST BIRTHDAY PROJECT RECIPIENTS:
“I loved the print I received. After our loss I felt so alone and your gift made me feel like I was part of a community.” C.
“I have this hanging in my office and I love it.” M.
“I have both received and sent them in the past, and I can’t say how much it meant to me!! Your gift made my pain more of a badge and a sweet, almost happy reminder. It brought me peace and continues to do so.” C.
HAVE YOU RECEIVED A BIRTHDAY PROJECT IN THE PAST?
Leave a comment and tell us what you thought!
P.S. Aaden, we love you and celebrate your life this month. And always.
You’re still bringing many people so much joy.