5 years ago my mama heart was desperate for a way to honor my son on his birthday. He would have been turning 5 and 5 felt so big and important. And I felt lost as to how to honor him well that year. After pouring my heart out to my best friend she nonchalantly said (nonchalantly because she seems to effortlessly have the best ideas): “What about giving a gift to other grieving mamas in honor of him? What about something like an art print? They’re simple to produce (I am by trade a designer and had spent years creating a number of art prints) and they’re simple to ship.”
That was 2013 and since then we have shipped countless prints to mothers who have experienced pregnancy or infant loss in honor of my son’s birthday. And it is my absolute honor to do so. To bring a tiny bit of light to those dark places of grief.
For any grieving mother, her biggest fear is that the world will forget. Forget her baby. Forget her. And this simple gift shouts “I SEE YOU. I REMEMBER!” If you or someone you know has experienced the loss of a baby, this gift is for you.
This year my son Aaden would be turning 10 on October 8. This year called for something extra special. Just like 5, 10 feels big and important. So we teamed up with the lovely and ever generous Lindsay Sherbondy of Lindsay Letters (she’s my absolute favorite artist and getting to work with her on this project was the sweetest gift. Lindsay, thank you. I am more grateful than you could ever know.) She created the most beautiful print this year for the AadenSage Birthday Project and I am certain it is going to bless you.
5 Reasons Why The 2018 Birthday Project is Amazing
- The quote is perfection: “A life need not be long to be meaningful.” Uknown. Truer words have never been spoken to a mama who has lost a baby.
- Lettered by Lindsay Sherbondy of Lindsay Letters! Enough said, am I right?
- The print is a full 8×10 this year!! Perfect for hanging anywhere in your home or office.
- The print will work with all decor & style preferences. Instead of doing multiple colors this year we decided neutral was best. This year’s print is in a striking black and will work perfectly with any decor. We wanted this special print to be something you would actually want to hang up and use and be reminded that you are loved on a daily basis.
- The packaging is really thoughtful and helpful. I spent extra time developing this this year in the hopes of pointing women towards helpful resources.
And ordering has never been easier. Simply click the button below! For the month of October simply pay shipping. This is my gift to grieving mamas.
SEND A BIRTHDAY PROJECT PRINT
COMMON QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
FROM PAST BIRTHDAY PROJECT RECIPIENTS:
“I loved the print I received. After our loss I felt so alone and your gift made me feel like I was part of a community.” C.
“I have this hanging in my office and I love it.” M.
“I have both received and sent them in the past, and I can’t say how much it meant to me!! Your gift made my pain more of a badge and a sweet, almost happy reminder. It brought me peace and continues to do so.” C.
Have you received a Birthday Project in the past?
Leave a comment and tell us what you thought!
P.S. Happy birthday month Aaden.
You’re still bringing many people so much joy.